Tramadol 50mg Online Prices Coupons & Saving Tips
Tramadol 50mg is a stimulant medication that is effective for ongoing severe pain. However, it is also used for moderate to acute distress. It is the lowest dosage for all of the variations. Generally, doctors prescribe this at the beginning of the therapy.
- Further, it is also prescribed in the vet to the animals who are going for surgery or suffering from chronic pain.
- Tramadol is the generic medication; the other brands of this mediation are Ultram, Ultram ER, or Conzip. It comes in different strengths and variations like extended-release, Immediate-release, or injection form.
- Advantages include Tramadol 50mg, 100 mg, 200 mg, and so on. The maximum dose for an adult in a day is 400 mg a day in divided doses. However, the extended-release version is for only one time a day, especially in the morning.
- It is the most widely prescribed medication, and also it is used in medical practices before or after surgeries. The Tramadol IR injection formulation is commonly available in these processes. It works fast in comparison to other formulations.
Moreover, it may be addictive if used more than prescribed or in high doses. The use of high doses for a more prolonged time may draw addiction, overdose, or death.
- Ultram’s initial dose is 50-100 mg (immediate-release tablets), mainly prescribed by doctors for every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain.
- The maximum dose is 400 mg a day, do not exceed more than this.
- The patients who are using the medication for the first time, to improve tolerance in their doses should be started at 25 mg a day. Also, the doses may be increased by 25 mg to 50 mg at the interval of 3 days to reach 50-100 mg/day every 4 to 6 hours.
- Further, it is not safe to use in pregnancy or children under 12 years.
Dosage for Acute pain: The starting dose will be 50 to 100 mg, depending on the severity of the pain. The treatment will be followed by every 4 to 6 hours or as prescribed.
Also, the duration of therapy will be managed by the doctor, according to the condition.
Children dose information (12 to 17 years)
Initial daily dosage: Total daily dosage may be increased by 50 mg every three days to reach 200 mg/day.
Maintenance dosage: Tramadol 50mg to 100 mg every 4 to 6 hours as needed.
Maximum dosage: 400 mg per day. (Not safe to use the dosages more than needed)
Do not use the medicine in the following conditions.
- Not safe to use If you are allergic or sensitive to synthetic opioids, tramadol hydrochloride, or any of the excipients.
- If you have a history of addiction to alcohol, opioids, hypnotics, analgesics, or psychotropic medicinal products.
- Also, it is not safe to use in patients who are receiving MAO inhibitors or who have taken it in the last 14 days.
- It may give interaction or side effects in patients who have epilepsy not adequately controlled by treatment.
- It is also get contraindicated for use in narcotic withdrawal treatment.
Risk factors related to the medication
More often use of Tramadol and sedative medicines, likewise, benzodiazepines or related drugs, may result in respiratory depression, sedation, coma, and death.
Due to these risk factors, concomitant prescribing with these sedative therapies to be get made for patients for whom other treatment options are not possible. If a decision is made according to the situation to prescribe Ultram concomitantly with sedative medicines, the lowest effective dose is good to use, and treatment duration should be as short as possible.
The patients should be in sight carefully for unwanted signs and symptoms of respiratory distress and sedation. However, it is strongly needed to inform patients and their caregivers to be aware of these symptoms. If the side effects get caught in the beginning, they are easier to manage compared to when they get worse.
Possible side effects of the medication
Side effects of Tramadol are common when the medication get started for the first time. However, prolonged use of this medication can make physical and mental dependence on the patient. Suddenly stopping the drug after prolonged use can cause various side effects, which may include:
- Hallucinations (Rare)
- Shivering (Rare)
- High fever
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Loss of coordination
- Loss of appetite
- Shaking (Rare)
- Seizures (Rare)
- Unusual thoughts
However, these side effects may disappear over time. If these side effects become severe and do not go over time, contact your healthcare provider or seek emergency medical help.
Safe storage Instructions
Prescription medications should not be left over here and there. These medicines should not be used by those who didn’t get prescribed for it. Please keep track of your prescription and store them in its original container. Do not store your tablets in the bathroom, toilet, or kitchen. Please keep it away from moisture, heat, direct sunlight, and minors. Discard any spoiled pill.
Also, please do not share it with anyone, even with the person who has the same symptoms.